In the QuickBooks integration, we focus on bringing user-level reporting of the fees (scheduled and collected) from Fedena to Quickbooks. The user referred here are students/employees in Fedena whose scheduled fees in Fedena will reflect as invoices in Quickbooks. Payments done on these fees will be tracked in Quickbooks. And the transport fee collections of the employees will also be tracked.
The institution should have a QB account purchased and the fedena needs to enable the plugin from the accounts panel.
Once QB is enabled, need to set up the configuration in fedena.
1. To configure QB in fedena, navigate to Administration -> QuickBooks sync and click on Authorization to manage the settings.
Below configuration, fields need to be updated as an initial setup.
2. For using QuickBooks in fedena, we have to sync to push all existing data because the future activities in QuickBooks might have dependencies on existing records.
Sync the existing records by navigating to the Auto Sync records button and sync then the existing data gets updated.
1. If we admit students or employees in fedena, these users will be reflected in Quickbooks account as a customer.
2. A fee collection(transport fee or any student fee) created in Fedena for a student is recorded as an invoice in Quickbooks.
3. When a discount is added to an existing fee collection, a credit note will be recorded in Quickbooks with the sync.
4. When a fee payment is made, the invoice will get updated in Quickbooks with the paid amount. Partial payments and pay-all fees payments can be supported and will result in the invoice being updated accordingly in QuickBooks.
5: For each transaction in Fedena there will be automatic sync that happens to Quickbooks when new students are added mid-year, fee collections are created or fee payments are done.