A new type of elective group has been introduced in the subject center, Floating Elective Group. It is a flexible version of the existing elective group. To achieve this, an admin or a privileged user can enable the 'Allow floating subjects' in the 'Create Class Elective Group' while creating an elective group.
Let's see how admin can add floating electives subjects in the timetable:
1. First, in the Subject Center" click "Class Subjects" >> select the "Class" >> "Elective Group".
2. Next, add the "Elective group name" and fill in the other details. To enable Floating elective features >> select "Allow Floating Subject".
3. Once the group is created>> add multiple subjects to the group that is not always taught simultaneously.
4. Next to assign Floating Electives in Timetable>> go to “Manage Timetable” select “Timetable Allocations” for Active Timetable.
Here, we can assign students to the subject as we do for subjects in elective groups, the difference being the subjects added to this group can be assigned individually to timetable slots and we can allot more than one elective subject into a single slot.
5. Select the empty “time slot”, assign subjects from the “Floating Electives Group” field.
6. Finally, once assigned >> you will start viewing the subjects in the selected time slot.
1. We can also cancel or swap such subjects individually which cannot be achieved in the existing elective group.
2. We can swap Floating Elective Group/Elective group with Regular Subjects/ElectiveGroup or Floating Elective Group
3. We can swap subject with Regular Subjects/ElectiveGroup or Floating Elective Group and Subjects
For a better understanding please check this tutorial video: