A must read before you start using Fedena
1. Learning & Training
- You can not learn everything about Fedena in a day or two. Even though Fedena is the most user-friendly ERP product for the educational institution, it has got hundreds of features which will demand minimum one to two weeks of dedicated usage to understand correctly. You can assign one of your team members to the task of learning fedena. You can refer the articles which describe the preparation steps required to implement. Click here to view the same.
- Suggest you to use an instance to test the application first before using the live instance. You can use https://fedena.com/demo to get a free trial setup
- Fedena cannot be implemented in an institute in a day or two. Fedena is an ERP. You need to do this phase by phase. You need to enter the current student's details and then run the application with the basic modules of News, Calendar etc. Then go to Fee module, Exam module etc. Don't try to use all the modules from day one.
- There should be at least one Fedena admin who knows the Fedena application very well in the institute. The Fedena admin needs to guide the other users of the application
- User should definitely go through the workflow of Fedena before starting using/implementing it
3. Common mistakes and doubts:
- Your logo needs to be designed in 150*110 pixel dimension. If not, your logo may appear blurred or cropped.
- Don't delete/edit the default admin user without creating another admin user. Once deleted or edited, you should remember the admin id so that you can login again. Give correct Email id for the admin user so that even if you forget the password, you can recover it (SMTP settings should be done so that Email works).
- You cannot send an SMS from your instance if you haven't set up a bulk SMS API integrated to Fedena. You need to buy an SMS API which can be integrated with Fedena. You can buy SMS license from your local SMS providers.
- You cannot send Email from Fedena if you haven't done the SMTP settings. You need to get the SMTP settings from your Email provider.
- You can use fedena.com/demo for demo purpose or to test the application. Your main instance is not meant for testing. The issue with this is, you may not be able to delete some specific junk data only because of dependency issue (e.g batch cannot be deleted if students and subjects are added to that batch). The only way then is to drop the entire DB, which means you have to enter all the data from the start.
- You can access Fedena from your custom domain. For this, you need to add the CNAME and point to the server where Fedena is hosted. Many a times users create a subdomain. You need to add CNAME / A Record and not the subdomain. Foradian won't be doing this as the domain control panel comes under your authority level.
- Correct format should be followed while using Data import / Custom import module so that data can be imported. Otherwise, it may result in error and data will not be uploaded. You should save the file as CSV only. You should enter the mandatory fields and should enter in the recommended format only as told in the manual. Fields which needs to be created prior to data upload should be created (courses and batches, employee department, position etc)
- All other third-party plugins or applications shouldn't be installed along with Fedena. We recommend to host other applications such as Moodle, Bigbluebutton, Tally etc in other servers or systems and then integrate with Fedena.
4. Hosting, Support and Customization (Not applicable who are hosting with us):
- Foradian recommends Foradian's hosting.
- If you are planning to host Fedena on your servers, Fedena support team will help you to install the application only on recommended servers.
- You need to have thorough server knowledge if you are hosting your own server. Fedena team will be installing the application only. All other server related operations need to be taken care from your side like backup, server log files, redundancy, folder permissions etc.
- You can always get a dedicated leased line as your internet connection instead of having server and server admin. The TCO will be lower for this and you will have uninterrupted internet also.
- If application is hosted on your server, Foradian will support you only if the source code is not altered or the Database is not fudged
- Fedena is a product and separate feature requests are not encouraged. Only feature requests which are taken to the roadmap of the product will be included in the product. Clients can raise their feature requests in our Feature Request Forum and if many of the clients support this, we will be taking this to the product roadmap.
- Any other customization other than which is included in the product will have separate hosting and source code maintenance charges.
- If Fedena is not hosted with Foradian, while raising a support ticket, you should give the details of the bug with the screenshots if applicable and should give the ssh root login access so that we can check the issue.