Fedena admin is the supreme user who can access all the modules and features of Fedena. This user can create multiple users (Employee/Student/Parent) can and provide them the privileges as per their functions in the institute.
If you are configuring Fedena for the first time, Please follow below mentioned steps to complete core module configurations. Institute URL will be created while adding school in account panel.
Step 1: Login as administrator using the username admin and a default password admin123
Step 2: Complete the setup in given order.
General settings: Update the basic details for your institution including logo.
Academic Year: Create academic year having one year duration. Example 2018-2019(Starting on 1st April 2019 and ending on 31st March 2019). Batches can be linked with this academic years.
Custom Words: Define names for your Courses and Batches (Example: Course(Class/Standard/Grade/Program). Batch(Section/Intake/Semester) )
Manage Courses/Batch: Create courses and batches as per your institution structure. It is better to create all the batches for this academic year at once so that fee setup can be completed together.
Manage student category: Create/Edit student categories. Example: Staff Child/Sibling Students. Fee structure can be created based on these categories.
Manage Subjects: Displaying the subjects here. Subject center can be used for updating and linking new subjects. This subjects will be used for exams and timetable.
Add admission additional details: To add additional fields in student profile. For example, passport number for student will be a custom field which in not available in student admission page. Institution can create this as custom field if needed.
Manage student roll numbers: To update or assign roll numbers for students(Note: Roll number an admission number are different terms. Admission number will be unique number for students. Roll number can change from class to class or section to section )
Student Document Categories: Create all document categories for adding in student profile. Example: School Certificate, Birth Certificate
Feature Access Settings: Manage feature access for parent/guardian.
Step 3: Fedena is now ready for student admission. You can admit the students using any of these methods
Step 4: Complete Human Resource Settings in given order
Employee Category: Create and manage employee categories. Example: Teaching staff, Non teaching staff
Employee Position: Create different position under categories. Example: Senior teacher and junior teacher under teaching staff
Employee Department: Different departments as per institution structure. Example: Academic department and non academic department
Employee Grade: Create and manage employee grades. Example: Level 1 and Level 2 employees or grade A and grade B employees
Working Day Settings: These values will be applied when using the standard code 'NWD' to calculate loss of pay.
Leave Types: Add and manage employee leave types. Example: Casual Leave and Sick Leave.
Leave Groups: Create leave groups to manage different leave types. Multiple leave groups need to be created if employee leave types are different.
Bank Details: Create and manage employee bank fields. Example: Account Number, Bank Name, Bank Branch
Additional Details: Create and manage additional details for the employee admission form.
Payroll Settings: Configure the payroll calculation mode while assigning to a new employee
Step 5: Fedena is ready for employee admission now.
Now system is ready for usage. Based on priority, user can start configuring all modules now. Please find the steps for configuring important core modules
Admin/Finance user can start setting up fee structure.
Complete Finance General Settings: Home > Finance > Finance Settings > General Settings
Create financial year and set active financial year: Home > Finance > Finance Settings > Manage Financial Years
Setup Multiple Fee Accounts, Multiple Receipt Templates, Multiple Receipt Sets
Create master particulars and master discount in Master fees: Menu > Administration > Finance > Fees > Master Fees
Create the fee structure. Menu > Administration > Finance > Fees > Create Fees
Create all Master fees
Create particulars inside master fees
Create Batch/Student Category/Student wise discount if applicable
Schedule the fee collection dates
Start collecting the fees
Human Resource: Employee Subject Association
- Work allotment can be done here. Assign different subjects to different employees which can be used for timetable creation and exam mark entry.
Human Resource: Employee Leave Management
- Create Leave Type: Menu > Administration > Human Resource > HR Settings>Leave Types
- Create Leave Group: Menu > Administration > Human Resource > HR Settings> Leave Group
- Add Employees in Leave Group: Menu > Administration > Human Resource > HR Settings> Leave Group > Select leave group and add employees
- Reset Leave based on the date in which you wanted to start marking attendance for employees
Human Resource: Payroll and Payslip Management
- Create Payroll Category: Home > HR > Payroll and Payslip Management > Payroll Categories
- Create Payroll Group: Home > HR > Payroll and Payslip Management > Payroll Groups
- Edit group and add LOP conditions: Home > HR > Payroll and Payslip Management > Payroll Groups > View Payroll Group > LOP Settings
- Add Employees in to group and Enter Their Salary
- Complete the settings: Add all attributes, activities, Grading scale and remarks as per your report cards
- Create the planner. Multiple planners need to be created if exam pattern is different.
- Link the planner with classes: Home >Grade book >Exam Planner > Select Planner > Add Grades
- Update Report card settings: Home >Grade book >Exam Planner > Select Planner > More > Student Report card Settings
- Schedule exam: Home > Gradebook > Manage Gradebook > Select Manage exam for course > Slect Manage exam for respective exam > Schedule exam for subject exams. There will be an option to active exam for non subject exams.
- Enter Marks from different subject teacher profile
- Generate exam wise/term wise/ planner wise report cards.
Create Certificates and ID cards:
- Create the templates for certificates or ID cards: Menu > Academics > ID card or Certificates > Create Template
- Generate the ID card or Certificates by selecting the user
Create a timetable for a duration
Set the class timings
Choose the weekdays
Select the duration
Assign subject and subject teacher
Student Attendance Marking:
Fedena support two kind of attendance marking. You can select the required option in general settings.
- Daily wise attendance marking: Can mark attendance for Full day / Half day /Late coming.
- Subject wise attendance marking: Subject teacher can mark attendance
Mark student attendance using attendance module.
Now check all the module list and configure other modules accordingly. You can search related videos/articles for respective modules