Alumni can be invited to custom events that may be exclusive to only alumni students, or they can be invited to general events (Events created in the Event creation module) that include current employees and students in the institution as well. When sending out event invitations to alumni students, you can assign any of the current employees and students as coordinators and organisers for the event. When an invitation is sent, the alumni will receive an email with the event details.
- At the top of your dashboard, click the module access icon > Collaboration > Alumni > Invite Alumni to open the Invite alumni to an event page.
Select the event.
Click the Invite button.
- Select the courses, years of completion, and batches you want to invite. Enter your invitation message.
- Select the Allow alumni to comment on the event if necessary.
- To add current students and employees who can help organise the event, click Add an Employee or Add a Student.
Note: When added as an organiser, the students and employees will have specific privileges. To know more the privileges, go to the end of this article.
- When you click Add an Employee, the following screen is displayed.
Select a department. Employees of the selected department are listed on the left.
- Select the employees who you want to be a part of the event organising committee, and then click the arrow button to move the students to the Selected Users column. Similarly, you can select other departments to include other employees to the organising committee.
- Click the Add organisers button.
- When you click Add a Student, the following screen is displayed.
Select a course and a batch. Students of the selected batch are listed on the left.
- Select the students who you want to be a part of the event organising committee, and then click the arrow button to move the students to the Selected Users column. Similarly, you can select other batches to include other students to the organising committee.
- Click the Add organisers button. The added organisers are displayed.
- Check and make sure you have invited and added all the right individuals, and then click the Invite button.
A message similar to the image below will be displayed.
How will an employee or student know that they are assigned as an organiser for an event?
When the event invitation is sent, employees and students assigned as an organiser for an event will receive a reminder through Fedena’s internal messaging system. The reminder message will include a link to the event details. If comments are enabled for the event, organisers can comment about the event and read others comments as well.
Event organiser privileges
Students and employees assigned as organisers for an event will have the following privileges only for events they have been assigned to:
Invite alumni to the event.
Note: Organisers cannot add event organisers.
- Track responses and respond to comments. They can also delete comments posted by invitees (module access icon > Collaboration > Alumni > Event Invitations).
- Edit event details (module access icon > Collaboration > Alumni > Event Invitations).
- Cancel events by deleting the event (module access icon > Collaboration > Alumni > Event Invitations).
For more information, view this: