By editing a timetable, below two actions can be carried out. They are
Edit the timetable date range
Edit the timetable entries
At the top of your dashboard, click the module access icon > Academics > Timetable > Manage Timetable to open the Edit Timetable page.
1. Editing a timetable date range
Click Edit .
Change the date range, and then click the Update button.
For example, a timetable is created from January 1st – January 30th, and you have marked student attendance up to January 20th. If you change the timetable date range to January 1st – January 15th and update, the attendance marked from January 16th to January 20th will be deleted, and so will any swapped timetable entries and class allocations.
2. If you extend the date range of a timetable, the timetable will split into two timetables. Both timetables will continue to have all existing settings.
For example, a timetable is created is from January 1st – January 20th, and you later extend the timetable to January 30th, as a result two timetables will be created, one from January 1st – January 20th and another from January 21st – January 30th.
2. Editing the timetable entries
Any change made to a subject entry for which attendance has already been marked, all attendance entries, swapped timetable entries, and class allocations will be deleted for that particular subject entry, for the complete timetable period.
1. Go to Timetable >Manage Timetable>Timetable Allocation.
2. Click Manage Allocation, beside the batch as shown in the pic below.
3. Select the class timing records you want to edit. At the bottom of the page, select the subject. All employees assigned to the subject are displayed. Make the necessary changes. The changes will automatically get updated in the portal without saving.
Delete a timetable
A timetable can be deleted at any time. If you delete a timetable for which student attendance has already been marked, all attendance entries, swapped timetable entries, and class allocations will also be deleted.
1. At the top of your dashboard, click the module access icon > Academics > Timetable > Manage Timetable >Edit to open the Edit Timetable page.
2. Click Delete as shown in the above pic to delete the timetable.